Frequently Asked Questions
IBS is here to help. Here are answers to some of our most frequently asked questions:
- How can I start a new radio station at my school or college? How can we increase our station's coverage?
- Can you provide information about working with the FCC? Where can I find the FCC Self Inspection Check Lists and other forms?
- How can I find out when our station license needs to be renewed?
- Is there a conference near me that I can attend?
- What is IBS's position on webcasting? (Legal)
- How can we get recognition for our station or those working at our station? Are there awards we can apply for?
- Where can I get help with technical or station management questions?
- How do I join IBS? How do I renew my membership?
- How do I sign up for the newsletter?
- How do I contact IBS?
- What does IBS do? How did it get started?
- Can I get an email address from IBS with our station's call letters?
- Are there other organizations that can help?
- What are some useful links to Broadcast Industry pages?
- What are some links to record labels? Can I get my record label listed?
- Where can we purchase station equipment or get service for our equipment?
- Is there a source for News Content that I can air? What about Public Service Announcements? Other Programs?