About IBS - Intercollegiate Broadcasting System, Inc.
(Big PDF downloads, typically 15 MB)(Full of news and information you can use)
What is IBS? What can IBS do for you?
The Intercollegiate Broadcasting System (IBS), is your trusted and experienced resource for information, action and help. IBS:
- is a not for profit education corporation founded in 1940. (501c3)
- serves not for profit education affiliated high school radio, college radio, and community stations and streaming/ webcasters.
- has continuously served IBS Members for over 75 years!!!
- Board and national headquarters staff have over 1,000 cumulative years of radio experience ready to help you!
- is your trusted and experienced resource.
- has over 1,000 IBS Member radio, TV, and webcasting stations!!!
- Members represent 90% of all education radio stations and webcasters that affiliate nationally.
- mails monthly First Class USPS mail four page color print monthly Newsletters to all member radio/streaming stations during the academic year.
- represents you in Washington, DC on Copyright and FCC negotiation and litigation.
- hosts coast-to-coast radio conferences with over 250 seminars presented annually.
- Fall radio conferences have only a $45 per person IBS Member registration fee including lunch.
- gives YOU the BEST information and representation for LESS investment from you!
- hosts a giant international three day 100-seminar radio and webcasting conference in NY City every March for 70 years.
- provides FCC FM/LPFM license renewal and lisence application advice and information.
- annually provides more than 250 seminars coast to coast to help you be your best!
- helps you and your station get the recognition you deserve through the IBS Awards Programs!
- has world headquarters directors and staff ready to serve you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- has local offices/local telephone service in major USA cities.
- is close to most of you! IBS is your local helpful neighbor.
- offices and facilities have been in the same location for over 40 years.
- has full time Washington, DC based law firm representation for copyright concerns.
- is YOUR Voice internationally and throughout the United States.
- Board and staff attend major radio and webcast conferences (CMJ, CMA, NAB, NFCB, IRTS, RTNDA, BEA, Public Radio, etc.).
- will meet with you at these conferences to assist you with your concerns.
- is a member of and strategic partner of other major broadcasting organizations.
- has consulting radio engineers ready to help you.
- provides free programming resources for you.
- IBS Industry Associates provide you, the valued IBS Member, with special member discounts on services and equipment.
- is growing fast - JOIN TODAY!!!
IBS Board and Staff
IBS Board and national headquarters staff have over 1,000 cumulative years of radio experience ready to help you! If you want to give back to college radio and volunteer your time, please contact IBS! All IBS Board, Officers, Staff and Speakers are volunteers. No one at IBS is paid, full time, part time, etc.
William (Bill) Malone, ESQ
IBS Executive Vice President for FCC Licensing and Regulatory Matters
38 year veteran of the FCC Staff.
Speaker at ALL IBS Conferences for over 37 years!
Allen has been at 21 IBS Coast-to-Coast conferences in the last 5 years.
Dr. Michael C. Keith, Ph.D.