IBS 2014-2015 Award Programs
Find out how to get the recognition your station deserves! IBS has the following three exciting award programs:
- IBS Peer to Peer Award (Bronze - Silver - Gold - Platinum) (No Deadline - Enter anytime! Receive YOUR Award immediately!)
- For rules/dates on IBS Management Awards see below
Read below to find out more about each award program.
IBS honors excellence in programming, air personalities, public service efforts and outstanding stations with the IBS Trophy Awards!
Who can enterAny student or advisor from an IBS member institution is eligible to enter the awards competition.
Note: Awards are presented to the radio station, not the individual members; therefore students MUST enter the competition through their college, university or high school to be eligible.
How to enter
Deadlines (For 2014-2015 Awards)
Early Bird Entry: Postmarked by November 14, 2014
Final Entry Deadline: Postmarked by December 12, 2014
Finalists announced for IBS Golden Microphone Trophies and IBS Management Awards: Janury 9, 2015
Awards/Trophy presented to ALL Finalists and winners on Saturday, March 7, 2015, at 75th Annual IBSNYC2015
IBS Honored and Award Winners
All finalists receive a smaller trophy. All winners receive a large trophy!
IBS Trophy Award Previous Winners and Finalists
- 2013 - 2014 Winners and Finalists
- 2012 - 2013 Winners and Finalists
- 2011 - 2012 Winners and Finalists
The purpose of the IBS Student Management Award and the Best Faculty Advisor Awards is to recognize all those who work tirelessly, faithfully and in most cases, voluntarily to build, manage and program America's great college and high school radio and television stations. IBS feels strongly that those who give so freely for the benefit of us all should be honored.
Who can be nominatedNominations will be accepted in the following categories for this year's IBS Fall Management and Peer Award:
- Best Station Manager (Student)
- Best Program Director
- Best Production Director
- Best Promotion Director
- Best News Director
- Best Web/Social Media Director
- Best Faculty Adviser
Nominating someone is easy and a wonderful way to show your appreciation for those who make your station possible!
How to nominate someoneTo nominate someone:
- Write a letter of nomination on official letterhead. Be sure to tell the judges about the leadership, inspiration, creative ideas or anything else you think makes your student manager(s) and Faculty Advisor the best in college/high school radio/TV!
- Send the letter to:
Len Mailloux, Communications
300 The Fenway
Boston, MA 02115
- All letters of nomination MUST be on official letterhead, or email from a Faculty/Staff school email address.
DeadlineAll nominations deadline is: December 12, 2014
IBS will Honor and Award Winners
- All awards will be given out at the IBS New York City Conference on Saturday, March 7, 2015.
How professional, efficient, and effective is your station operation? Find out using the IBS - Intercollegiate Broadcasting System Member Award Evaluation survey form.
IBS will recognize member stations that meet IBS Quality Member Criteria for their level of achievement and quality! IBS Peer to Peer, Bronze, Silver, and Gold, AWARDS are earned and presented throughout the year, and at all IBS Fall Coast-to-Coast Conferences in Boston, New York City, Chicago, and Los Angeles, as well as at the IBS International College Radio/Webcast Conference in New York City.
Who can enterThe IBS Peer to Peer Award (Bronze - Silver - Gold - Platinum) program is open to all IBS member stations.
How to enterTo enter:
- Complete the IBS - Intercollegiate Broadcasting System Member Award Evaluation survey form.
- Return the completed form by mail, email, FAX (845-565-7446), or as a scanned PDF attached to an email to IBS Headquarters. (email@example.com)
DeadlineThere is no deadline for this award. New entries are always being accepted and IBS members may submit updated forms as often as additional items are completed. New higher-level awards will be presented after updates are received.
IBS will Honor and Award Winners
- IBS Color Award Certificates will be mailed to qualified stations and, at the IBS Member's request, to school administrator(s).
- Award Presentations will be made at IBS International College Radio/TV & Webcast Conference, in NY City.