IBS Fall Coast-to-Coast Conferences
$45 per person registration including lunch! The IBS investment in YOU for these conferences is paid for by the IBS Foundation!
IBS East Coast Conference at Simmons College, Boston, MA - Saturday, November 4, 2017
IBS South East Conference Miami, FL, - Saturday, December 9, 2017
IBS will be announcing Fall 2018 conferences in San Francisco, CA, dates and details to follow.
Chicago and Boston Conferences are held at accredited colleges for broadcasting and media.
Sessions often include Broadcasting Faculty and leading broadcasting text book authors.
IBS Columbia College Chicago Radio/Webcast Conference
Midwest Regional High School and College Radio Conference
Chicago, IL - 2017!
This event is sponsored by: Radio Department, Columbia College Chicago
- 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM CDT, Saturday, October 14, 2017
Location, Registration, and Schedule
Columbia College Chicago, 33 East Congress, Room C33, Chicago, IL 60605
To register online (credit card)($45 per delegate)(includes FREE lunch and morning beverages. donuts/bagels)(click here)
Conference Program People Highlights/Keynotes for Oct 14, 2017 planning:
This is best group of experts ever made available to YOU!
Session I: Tuned In: Keeping On-Air Content Fresh and Relevant
Panel: Ryan Arnold, Evening Host, WXRT, 93.1 FM, Chicago, IL
Carmen DeFalco, Midday Host, ESPN, 1000 AM, Chicago, IL
Lee Dickman, On-Air Host and Continuity Director, 1033 AMP Radio, Boston MA
Ryan McKiddy, Afternoon Host & Music Director, WSIX-FM 97.9 The BIG 98, Nashville, TN
Session II: How to Make Your Podcast Matter
Panel: Matt Cunningham, Creative Producer/Lead, Truthful Enthusiasm, Chicago, IL
Nick Hausman, Producer & Host, 120 Sports, Bischoff on Wrestling & WrestleZone Radio
Anthony Ponce, Host/Producer, #Backseatridershow.com, Chicago, IL
Join these podcasters as they dole out advice on how to make you a podcast aficionado!
Tips on how to separate your podcast from the rest, as well as how to create and produce a podcast worth listening to.
Session III: Voiceover Techniques Workshop
Presenter: Deb Doetzer, Voiceover Talent, Stewart Talent, Chicago, IL
Navigate the wonderful and creative world of voiceovers! This hands-on workshop will allow students
to find out more about the craft of voiceovers. Script reading, voice inflection, and dialects will be
discussed, and expect to use your acting skills!
Session IV: Programming a Successful High School and College Station: incorporating Social Media and FCC Rules and Regulations
Panel: Cheryl Langston, Director, WCRX 88.1FM, Columbia College Chicago
John Madormo, Assistant Professor of Broadcast Communications & General Manager, WONC-FM North Central College, Naperville, IL
Allen Myers, IBS Board, Vice President for FCC Licensing and Regulatory Matters
Chris Thomas, GM, WLTL,88.1 FM, Lyons Township High School, La Grange, IL
Learn the ins and outs of how to program your station to meet your audience’s expectations. Topics include: content selection, recognizing the importance of community service outreach, and incorporating timely events in your programming plans. As an added bonus, IBS’s FCC resident expert, Allyn Meyers, will walk you through the latest FCC developments.
Our IBS MIDWEST College Radio/TV/Media conference features:
- How to Find and Secure a Radio Job in ANY market!
- Creating a Career Path That is right for YOU!
- Voice Over - training and tips to enter the Voiceover Biz!
- Making a Difference at Your High School or College Station!
- Sports Reporting for the New Millennium!
- Generating and Keeping a Buzz in a Digital Era (Social Networking)
- Latest on IBS Member Webcast Copyright Rates
- Seminars on everything you want/need to know about radio, such as:
- "Starting a Radio Station"
- "Marketing and the Internet: How to Use New Technology "
- "Tips and Tricks for Getting Into the Voiceover Biz "
- And more!
- The presentation of the IBS and Columbia College Chicago AWARDS!
IBS/Simmons College East Coast Radio/Webcasting Conference
This event is hosted by Simmons College at FENWAY in Boston, MA
- Saturday, November 4, 2017
Location, Registration, and ScheduleRegister for Nov 4, 2017, Boston Conference at $45 per delegate (online/credit card) click here)
- Simmons College
2 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, MA
- Will open in the summer/fall of 2017
IBS - Intercollegiate Broadcasting Coast-To-Coast Conferences are attended by over 2,000 delegates annually!
Schedule and Promotional Materials
Our IBS East Coast Conference 2016 conference features speakers/panelists for planning included:
- Allen Myers (Formally of the FCC Staff). This is Allen's 40th year of attending
IBS Conferences and Conventions keeping IBS Members informed on FCC matters.
- Holland Cook – national radio programmer/consultant and contributor to “Talkers” magazine
- CBS Boston
- Greater Media Boston
- Walter McDonough – founder of the FMC: Future of Music Coalition
- Station Manager Roundtable Forum
- Start Your Own Station
- Live Music at Lunch with Peter Mancini
- Women in Media
Sessions to include:
- Producing a killer show
- Creating public service programming
- Building your station’s news image
- Station promotions & Imaging
- Finding that first job
- Women in media
- Creating great station websites
- Promoting on-line without a budget
- Social media and your station
- Fcc bootcamp
- Indecency, obscenity and the law
- Music licenses & Royalties
- The future of music
- Managing your own record label
- Hyper-local promotions – getting famous in your own back yard
- Remote broadcasts – taking your station out of the studio
More sessions to be added!
Enjoy a great day with some top media professionals and one of the most beautiful areas on earth for great fall scenery. See you in Boston!
No IBS Radio room block rate hotels yet available.
IBS West Coast College Radio/Broadcast Conference
This event is hosted by University of Redlands, Redlands, CA
- Saturday, November 12, 2016
- Hall of Letters
University of Redlands
1231 East Colton Avenue
Redlands, CA 92374
Schedule and Promotional Materials
Hotels near the University of Redlands (www.hotel6.com)(www.hotel.com)
Using commercial hotel sites IBS recommends: Motel 6 - Redlands #4684 3 miles from the University of Redlands:
The least expensive hotel is about 2.5 miles from University of Redlands is:
Motel 6: 1120 W Colton Ave, Redlands, CA, 92374
Approximate rate is $55 plus tax per night rate (click here) reservations: 800-466-8356 (local: 909-793-2001)
IBS South East College Radio/TV/Media Conference
Miami, FL (With FREE included Friday UNIVISION TV Option)
This event is hosted by Miami Media Scool
- Saturday, December 9, 2017
- Miami Media School, 901 South Miami Avnue, Miami, FL 33130. Third Floor
- 2017 to be announced
Schedule and Promotional Materials
- 2017 to be announced (2016 below for planning)
- (New November 14) Updated IBS Miami Program Block Chart (click here)
- (New November 18) Updated Friday UNIVISION TV Program Block Chart included optionally with $45 registration. (click here)
Please feel free to offer session ideas, or offer to be a speaker/panelist.
Hotels near the conference
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Miami Brickell Downtown, 50 SW 12th Street, Miami, FL. (0.1 mile from conference)